NOTE: Since this video was produced, Brown’s plan was clarified to cost about $1 billion over three years for more prison space. That’s instead of diverting more nonviolent people out of the prison system. The California State Assembly has a chance to stop this plan, but legislative leaders aren’t saying if they will. Let’s make sure the legislature hears our voices.
This video was produced by Beyond Bars (a project of Brave New Foundation) in partnership with the California Partnership, Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB), Critical Resistance, SJRA Advocate, Friends Committee on Legislation of California, Courage Campaign, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, and California Coalition for Women Prisoners.
WATCH & SHARE!!
- California Governor Proposes Massive Prison Expansion To Avoid Freeing Inmates (intel–blacklisted-activist-post-news.blogspot.com)
- Jerry Brown proposes $315 million to lease private prison cells rather than release inmates (mercurynews.com)
- California Governor Proposes Massive Prison Expansion To Avoid Freeing Inmates (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dan Walters: Gov. Jerry Brown’s shiftiness on display with prison dispute (sacbee.com)
- Capitol Alert: Activists urge Gov. Jerry Brown to release prisoners (fresnobee.com)